Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Who doesn’t love pancakes? These lemon ricotta pancakes will take your pancake game to a whole new level. Sophisticated and tasty, these gluten free pancakes will have to coming back for seconds, and thirds.
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whole ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 Tbsp lemon zest (Depending on how lemony you want them. I like mine extra lemony)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat an electric griddle to medium-high heat (or use a non-stick skillet over medium heat).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, ricotta, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add butter, lemon zest and lemon juice to milk mixture and blend until combined (it will curdle a little).
- Immediately pour milk mixture into flour mixture and whisk just to combine (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto buttered griddle and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar and butter. You can also drizzle with maple or berry syrup, or even better serve with lemon curd for some extra zing.